Friday, January 8, 2010

My $50 a week Challenge

Couponing. It's everywhere you turn these days. And everyone who does it seems to have a different method. The no clip method, the clip and store method, the clip as you use need them method. It can be very confusing and discouraging for someone who is just starting out to figure out where to start at all.

After going to seminars and reading website after website, I have combined all of the elements that I liked into my own system to save money on groceries. I am not a money saving expert by any stretch of the means, my husband can attest to that, but having just purchased our first home I have a renewed motivation to save money.

That's where this blog comes in. I've issued myself a challenge for the year and this blog is the record of my progress through that challenge. On a weekly budget of only $50, I'm going to feed my family of 5, 3 healthy meals a day, 7 days a week for the entire year. Now of course you're all saying That's impossible. And you're right, it is. There are always special occasions, birthday parties and family get togethers when I wouldn't be cooking meals at home anyway. So maybe it won't be 365 days of healthy eating at home.....but even 313 days is improvment. Afterall that would mean only one trip to (yuck) McDonald's a week!



No comments:

Post a Comment