Friday, January 29, 2010

Week 3 Shopping List

So this week I decided on the following menu:

Brats and Saurkraut
Country-style Pork Ribs with Mashed Potatoes and corn
Manicotti with green beans
Fish with Lemon Rice
Cabbage Soup with warm rolls
Pork Chops with Baked Potatoes and peas
Chicken Rice and Vegetable Casserole

My shopping list: 

1 gallon of milk
grated Parmesan cheese
1 dozen eggs
1 box of cream of wheat
1 head of cabbage
1 yellow onion
garlic
5 lb bag of potatoes
1 (16 oz) pkg frozen peas
1 (16 oz) pkg frozen corn
1 bunch of Bananas
4 lemons
1 jar of Siegfried's Saurkraut
1 box of Manicotti shells
1 28 oz can of whole tomatoes
3 (10.5 oz) cans of Campbell's Beef consume
3.26lbs of fresh chicken
2.71 lbs Pork Country-style Ribs
1.68 lbs Boneless Pork Chops
2.13 lbs Ground Beef
1 loaf of Whole Grain Farm Bread
hot dog buns
1 can of Western Family Crescent rolls
1 bag of Lays chips

As I explained in my last post, I didn't check the dates on the ads and I compiled my menu from old ads. Since I didn't figure out my mistake until after I had already shopped for half of the list I knew I had to stick to my menu and I would be over budget. I wasn't over by as much as I expected though. I spent $65.82 so I was only over budget by $15.82....not too bad. However it does show the savings that you really do get by buying the food on sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment