Monday, January 18, 2010

Week 2 Shopping

I was so tired today and the last thing I wanted to do was think about menu planning but I forced myself to sit down and do it and I think we have a yummy menu for this week.

1. Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, steamed broccoli with lemon
2. Baked Ziti, Crescent Rolls, Corn
3. Chicken nuggets, Roasted Potato Wedges
4. Olive Garden's Minestrone Soup
5. Bacon, Eggs, Hashbrowns, Toast, Sausage links
6. Beef Stir Fry and rice
7. Roasted Pork Tenderloin, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Peas and Corn

I decided to only go to Macey's this week. I probably could have saved a few dollars by going to another store for a few things, but I was tired and it wasn't worth it to go there also to save $2. So again after a trip to my pantry this is what my shopping list looked like:

1 16 oz bag small shells (I couldn't find whole grain so I just bought regular pasta)
1 can Hunts Garlic and Herb Spaghetti Sauce
1 box Ronzoni Whole Grain Penne Pasta
2 14 oz cans of Swanson Vegetable Broth
1 package Whole Grain Farm Bread
small tub of Western Family Cottage Cheese
1 tube Western Family Crescent Rolls
1 bag of TJ Farms Souther Style Hashbrowns
1 16oz bag of Western Family cut frozen green beans
1 can frozen Western Family Orange Juice
1 16 oz bag of Western Family frozen stir fry vegetables
1lb package of stir fry beef (in fresh meat section)
1lb smoked bacon
1lb package of Land o Frost Lunch Meat
1 package Farmland Sausage Links
2lb package of Ground Beef
3.87 lb Pork Roast
2 Gala Apples
Bunch of Bananas
1 head of Broccoli
2 lemons
2 yellow onions
1 zucchini
garlic



My bill came to $43.73......however they were out of the chicken I wanted. They had 20 oz packages of boneless skinless chicken breast for $4.49 in the ad but were out in the store. I got a raincheck and will go later this week to get some for my chicken nuggets. Also Josh had just bought a dozen eggs because we were out and since I'll be doing breakfast one night I'll include those in my weekly total. And lastly I didn't have room in my fridge for a gallon of milk but I know I will need more soon. So with all of that taken into account my total will go from $43.73 to about $52.00. A little over budget but I can handle $2. Like I said earlier I could have saved that by going to a second store but today was not a day for that.

Check back later this week for this week's recipes!


No comments:

Post a Comment